Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/20/2017

I am looking for a person to close in a shed adjoining my garage

The shed will need a concrete floor, sheet rock walls and siding. Electrical and roof are already there. I have two barn doors for the opening.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Given what you need, a Builder - Garages/Barns/Sheds or a Remodeling - General Contractor sounds like what you need. (Those would be your Search the List categories to find contractors to bid the job for you.)

Plus possibly (though contractor may be willing to get these as part of his contract) structural assessment and remediation/construction plans from an Architect or Structural Engineer - needed for the building permit almost certainly, and if additional strengthening or sway bracing or such is needed, those plans may be needed by the contractor to see what he needs to do to reinforce the shed to bring it to code if it is not already.

Care should be taken on the support posts - you do NOT want them embedded in the concrete so may take some special effort to avoid that and to keep them dry - or replace with new ones maybe as applicable.

Note if this was not orignally permitted as a garage, you may well need a Planning and Zoning development/expansion permit as well.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy