Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/25/2016

I need a pharmasist or physical therapist who can help me find the right wrist/hand brace my dr told me to buy

Doc suspects arthritis/ carpel tunnel. Lots of pain in my hands. Need a professional to show me the appropriate kind of hand/wrist braces. I want a professional to help me with this. Where should I go? Who should I talk to?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


For simple fitting of a brace, most pharmacists can do that to help you find one that fits well and provides good support without undue restriction - if a specific type of brace was specified. If you are looking for a pro in determining type to use, then a doctor or clinic specializing in arthritis and Orthopedics - Hand and Wrist or maybe in Rehabilitation - Physical Medicine - all categories in the Health area of Search the List.

I would also consider getting a referral to a specialist in your insurance network specialising in Orthopedics - Hand and Wrist to determine the actual cause. X-rays or imaging should identify if it is arthritis - if not, then you need to determine with doctor WHAT action is causing the pain if it is carpal tunnel - or if you do a lot of manual work or typing make radical changes to your hand configuration when doing so to see if that helps. Another indicator - if it goes mostly away when you are not doing typing or manual work for several days (especially over 3-day weekends or longer holidays), then most likley carpal tunnel or other neurological irriation due to physical motion or strees - if does not change very much, mnore likely arthritis.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy