Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/22/2013

I have a problem with a Bank in Las Vegas, they don't send me my credit card statement, and the account is closed.

Poor Communiction skills with this Bank and they're hard to get ahold of , they have me going around in circles. What should I do I just want to pay this account off and leave it as such

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


There is a written procedure on your bill or attached to it - usually on the back, that you can use to contact them, and they have 30 days to contact you about the problem and take measures to address it, though this takes rounds of communications and you can never get the exact amount due correct.

The easier method, especially if you are not trying to get late-payment charges waived or removed from your credit report, is to pay off the balance showing plus any charges you have made since then (usually available on automated phone system), your estimated finance charges on your total outstanding balance calculated from last statement date to about 10 days in the future if you will owe finance charges (i.e. did not pay off full balance on prior statement), plus about $25 additional, then do not use the card any more. Also make sure to turn off any auto-debits such as car payments or utilities or subscriptions to magazines or online games and such, and delete the charge account from any store accounts (especially easy to forget web ones) like Amazon.

On your next statement it should then (if you figured the finance charges right) have a credit of about the amount you overpaid on purpose, plus the difference between the finance charge you calculated on the total balance due versus the correct calculation on the statement based on average daily balance. Then write them at the address on the statement and request they cancel your account and return the overpaid balance to you by check.

If you have any other issues pending like insufficient fund (bounced checks), having paid less than minimum payments, etc then you will have to go through the formal written procedure to preserve your rights, though paying off the whole estimated balance immediately will at least stop any further chrges while you argue the other issues.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy