Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/12/2015

I have a serious problem with gutter overflow. I had Weather Armour gutters installed and this did not fix problm

The overflow is in 2 or 3 locations. I called Weather Armor back to fix the problem, but they sent out a man who spoke virtually no English and we could not communicate. He did something up on the roof. Could not understand him and problem was not fixed. I had a new roof put on 2 years ago. I asked those men if they could see what the problem was, but again, whatever they did, it was not effective.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


According to the website of Weather Armor they install Gutter Glove covers on their gutters. I will assume it was same cover 3 years ago and I am sorry to tell you Glove has no warranty on performance. If they put another cover up, too bad Glove is a pretty good cover, in the top 5. I sell a competing cover in a different market but I suggest youcall a LeafFilter or MasterShield dealer out and see what a micro mesh competitor has to say.

Jim Casper BBB Integrity Award Winner and Angie's List Super Service Winner

ps for ideas on covers and overflow in valleys see my blogs


Answered 4 years ago by jccasper


If your overflow is right below valleys or places where other gutters from a higher roof pour down the roof so teh concentrated flow overshoots or overflows the gutters, then you probably need gutter deflectors - look generally like this, though there are many different -

The best kind form a curved wye - with the center of the wye in the center of the valley, curving away to each side so the flow is directed along the gutters rather than splashing perpendicular into them and "piling up" in the gutter like the above one does - but you have to be careful to prevent flow in behind the gutters or under the roofing.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy