Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/2/2013

I need someone to repair the floor in the water heater closet in our mobile home. Damage was done by dripping water. We live in 77073.

There is a big hole in the floor after the plumber removed the damaged water heater. We have the gas capped shut.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Have you checked Angie’s List? I have only been a membersince July or August and have saved a ton of time and money over hiring thewrong guys. (I wish they had a service like this for employee screening.)

Angie’s List Answers is a great place to find advice fromprofessionals, but for ratings, reviews and information to hire the companies,visit www.angieslist.comtoday. The easiest way to look up a contractor's reviews on Angie's List wouldbe to join Angie's List and get access to the reviews and otherinformation you're looking for (use discount code EASY for a discount on a1-year membership if you do). Alternatively, you can sign up for a month-to-month membership pretty cheap.

Or you can call them at 1-888-944-5478,

or email them at

or LiveChat with them - their helpful neighborhood specialists can help you decideif the List contains the info you're looking for.

Answered 7 years ago by Vern


What the other response did not state is the category to use in Search the List (in green banner bar) to find local contractors/vendors with good ratings and reviews - in your case, the logical categories are Handyman and Carpenter, though a Flooring company could handle it to, and is what you should use if you are intending to put flooring in the closet (vinyl or linoleum maybe ?).

It is a good idea to use exterior rated plywood for this because it holds up better against any future leaks, and is typically 3/4" thick to carry the heater weight.

To minimize future problems, when you put a new water heater in, have them install a drip pan under it with an outlet that drains through the floor - cost about $10-25 depending on material it is made from.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy