Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/15/2014

I need to replace the bottom of cabinet under kitchen sink due to water damage. Whom should I hire ?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


If by the "bottom of cabinet" you mean only the piece of plywood that forms the floor of the cabinet, then a Carpener - Woodowrking - or take it out yourself (usually pops out of the frame pretty easy if the one under sink) and take to a cabinet/woodworking shop to get a replacement made. Or if not badly warped/separated, just cover over with a scrap of vinyl or linoleumm flooring material, or cover with glued-on (contact cement) plywood or melamine material cut to fit.

IF the flooring is also damaged (likely) then probably a Remodeling - Kitchen and Bath contractor is what you need. If only the cabinet base is damaged, then Cabinet Refacing/Restoration if salvageable, or Cabinet Making or a kitchen cabinet store that also does installations if likely to need replacement, though in that case probably back to a general contractor as you will also neede plumber and countertop or tile contractors by the time you are done with the removal and replacement.

Assuming it is all dried out, in many cases if only the toekick area was affected, unless really disintegrating, remove the local bulging face material to a flat (though not necessarilky smooth surface) and just replace your toekick baseboard all around with a store-bought one - or the above cabinetry or carpenter can do that, as can most competent handymen.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD



This is Leah B. in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated carpentry providers, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call at 1.866.783.2980. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays. If you join online, you can save 20% on an annual plan by using the promo code ANSWERS.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 5 years ago by Member Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy