Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/11/2012

I want to replace the exhaust fans in my bathrooms. What type of company do I call, a contractor, a handyman, who?

The exhaust fans in my bathrooms no longer work. Who do I call? I live in the MD/DC area.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Most municipalities require electricians to do this kind of work since electrical connections will be made. A handyman or general contractor should be able to do this as well but be sure they know what they are doing. If something is done wrong and it casues a fire your insurance may not be forgiving to the fact that you did not have a licensed electrician do the work. The wiring must pass through bushings into the electrical housing so that they can not chafe. Also, make sure the new vents are exhausted to the exterior of your home. Many older homes just had them go into the attic which can cause mold and other issues. If this is the case with your home make sure they are vented outside.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy