Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 mygfcxx1 95
6 ahowell 95
7 KnowledgeBase 95
8 skbloom 80
9 Guest_98024861 70
10 Guest_9311297 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/28/2013

I am looking for someone to replace my fireplace insert with one that has a blower and also to lower the insert.

To lower the insert since I have removed the brick hearth. The fireplace is a majestic zero clearance fireplace system.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


You need a fireplace insert installer - probably the same company you buy the insert from.

Realize lowering the insert, unless it is as much taller as you are lowering it, will mean modifying the chimney throat and installing more flue pipe, so pretty pricey for a minimal change.

You may be able to save money by getting a blower kit for your stove rather than replacing it with a new unit, if one is made for it.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy