Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/7/2013

I need the retaining sea wall in my back yard repaired. A section has collapsed into the river I live near. Where do Inlook in MA?

I live in Somerset, MA. The sea wall retains the river approximately 100 feet from my house. The wall is very old, made of stone. The river has tides, the water comes right up to the wall in high tide.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers

Voted Best Answer


Your best bet is to search for a masonry contractor in Providence.

If you would like to join Angie's List so you can check ratings and reviews on masonry contractors around Somerset/Providence area, enter the promo code "ANSWERS" and you'll get 20% off the membership fee.

Thanks for asking.

Answered 7 years ago by Mikel


Hello J, This job certainly calls for a experienced contractor, I would be getting out of my realm of expertise to make any repair suggestion, You may check with your local Army Corps of Engineers office, I'm sure they can help direct you to someone in your area with the capacity to make such repairs. Please be careful in choosing your contractor, This sounds like some major structure problem, That will require more than just someone doing a quick fix.

Good Luck,

Keep us updated. (Curious of outcome)


Answered 7 years ago by Singingsweep


I have the same problem

Any progress with your problem wall?

Answered 7 years ago by ras777

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy