Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/19/2012

I've had a clogged left ear for approximatly 12 days.Do I keep on outting peroxcide in it?

I got a 3 in.needle in my lower jawl because of severe inflamation and puss through the emegency center 5 days ago.Not done taking the anti.biotic. My left inner ear has been clogged,with no hearing since.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

3 Answers


The emergency center should have told you to contact your regular doctor or given you a referral to an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) specialist for follow-up.

Keep taking the anitbiotic till they are gone - you do NOT want to stop in the middle, as theat can result in the infection coming back worse and then resistant to the antibiotic. After 5 days you should be seeing reduction if not complete abatement of the symptoms.

Contact your primary care physician for a checkup on it, because prolonged infection affecting the inner ear can cause permanent deafness, not to mention the possibility of it spreading to your sinuses or brain, which can get VERY serious.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD


for pete's sake, go to the doctor.

Answered 6 years ago by Guest_9860825


That could be dangerous as you may have a perforated eardrum if you have lost hearing. It is probably so swollen fron the infection that is the most proable reason for the hearing decline. A short course of steroids woll usually help bring thevinflammation a little quicker.There is a mixture of equal parts of oeroxidecand alcohol you can use for swimmers ear to dry them up.

Source: personal medical experience

Answered 5 years ago by Guest_9417421

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy