Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/6/2014

I want to have a vent fan installed in kitchen, whom should I reach out? (Microwave Oven Vent to Exterior Wall)

I want to have my microwave send the air outside the home instead it sending the air back in. There is no vent installed at this moment of time. Please refer to the below link about what I am talking about

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


For some reason I could not get that video to play - however, you either need an active fan, or if the microwave has a built-in exhaust fan intended to vent into a duct, then just the ductwork.

Either way, heating and AC contractor would be the normal person to call - though some plumbers do that work also. It is likely they will also call in an electrician to do the wiring.

You could avoid the multiple contractors by going with a Remodeling - Kitchen and Bath contractor, but that is really overkill for this size job.

An experienced Handyman might be able to do it, but probably not legally so, and you would be guessing about his ability to do it properly.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy