Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/10/2013

I have water damage and mold in a small area - what kind of contractor should I call?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I would recommend talking to a smoke & water damage clean up provider or a mold & mildew remediation specialist, or a company that offers both services. However, when dealing with mold remediation, a recent Angie's List Magazine cover story warns consumesr to be cautius and hire seperate compaines for mold testing and cleanup.


Answered 7 years ago by JP


Depends on the source of the water first. If you have a foundation leak you need to get that fixed or the problem will just come back. Ditto for a plumbing leak, or for interior condensation problem on a cold exterior wall of a humid room.

Once you get the leak source cut off, then mold remediation can be done. A small area can be handled by appriopriate contractor - general or carpentry if wood finish, plasterer if plaster or drywall.

A larger area will require a mold remediation specialist - either a specialty mold contractor, or a water/fire damage contractor as JP's comment mentions.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy