Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/12/2016

Install u channel post ada requirment with concrete at the base

Handicap signs install into asphalt with concrete base

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Normally - a commercial Signs contractor (your Search the List category) - one who makes and installs road signs - google for raod sign companies in your area, or if at a loss call streets and highway departments and ask who they contract that type work out to. Some Fencing companies do this too. Handyman could do it in fairly easy driving conditions, but not going to be economic if in hard digging/driving conditions, so I would not go that route unless you have prior experience in that location with U channel posts..

Though why concrete base, unless you mean a protective bumper post (in which steel pipe or corrugated metal pipe or plastic cover filled with concrete) I can't fathom - this sort of sign (assuming this is for handicapped parking or access corridor or such) would just be normal stop-sign type square perforated steel tubing, with a sleeve-sized perforated signpost set in it and bolted in after it is driven into the ground. You said U-channel post - normally, unless in real rocky soil, would be a driven with a sleeve driver in the ground right through the asphalt, with no concrete around it. The concrete is pretty superfluous for U-channel sign posts, because they are generally going to fold over before they push/pull out of the ground anyway unless in REAL loose dry silt or sand or such.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy