Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/12/2013

Is it possible to replace a side glass panel of a sliding glass door without replacing the entire unit

glass panel lost containment and fogged-up

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

Just about every sliding door I have installed is put in in sections. If it is a brand name you may be able to purchase a replacement panel from a lumber yard or call a glass company to replace just the glass. I have seen some windows and doors that have a "welded" plastic frame that is next to impossible to replace just the glass. I hate to give estimated costs on labor or material since they very by manufacturer and regional prices but I would think you are in the $250-350 range in labor plus cost of glass or panel.

Answered 6 years ago by ContractorDon


In our area a Glass Replacement company like Speedy Auto Glass charges about $450-550 complete to replace triple pane glass (in a frame that comes apart, like aluminum or wood) in one unit - the fixed or the moving one, about 3' wide by 6' high glass.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy