Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/22/2013

Is there such a thing as a Lawn consultant to help me treat my lawn, but I'll do it on my own?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Some lawn and shrub plant centers who sell sod also are knowledgable about diseases and such.

Your best bet is to get a mail-in soil chemistry test (kits available at greenhouses and your local Cooperative Extension Service) - that will advise you on nutrition issues, and recommend fertilizing to do. Here is an article on that -

Your Cooperative Extension Service has online (and handout) information on lawn care, disease and pests and vermin control and identification, etc - a GREAt resource for home gardeners and landscapers. Just Google using your state's name added to - Cooperative Extension - like Cooperative Extension Pennsylvania, if you live there, for instance

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy