Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/17/2014

Just got new hardware put on kitchen sink and when the water turns on it floods the cabinet underneath. What to do?

When the water drains from the sink it doesn't leak. It looks like hose that connects to the faucet and sprayer , which I assume runs the water to them is what is leaking or I might as well say gushes water when I turn the faucet on. Please help... I'm a single mother with no help from the father and I can't afford to pay much. My cousins husband actually installed it and I can't get him to come look at it! He is a plumbers assistant so I trusted him. Please help... My son is 10 months old and I have gone 3 days without being able to use sink....advice or help needed.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I really can't tell without seeing under your sink but it sounds like hopefully the sprayer hose may have come off. Many are a push on connection and some have a clip that must be engaged after the hose is pushed on the valve connection. He may have forgotten to engage the clip, I hope he did not break the clip and that is the reason he will not come back. If you are flexible enough to get under the sink and look up you may se this connection and even do it yourself. If you can get under there and disconnect it I would sugest pulling the hose down to where you can see it and look at the clip to see how it works.

For any more help than this the brand of the faucet and possibly where you bought it would help. If you have a camera phone and could take a picture of the spot it is leaking and post it with a reply to this question it would also help. For the best continuity of answers reply by using the answer this question box below. There is a insert image box at the top left of page as you answer back.


Answered 5 years ago by ContractorDon


As Don says - may be a push on and clip or screw-type hose clamp that holds it on, or a threaded connection.

Afraid not much we can do from this end without a picture.

Follow the hose down to where it comes from- some models have a small shutoff valve on the connection for the hose you can turn off to turn off the hose only, so at least you could use the sink. Not the two on the hot and water lines that leak to the sink - but sometimes another one, typically higher up, that the lex hose to the sprayer comes off.

Google this search phrase - how to connect sink sprayer images - and click on the "images of" link (one of first couple in listing, with row of pictures by it) you will find a number of pictures of what it might lookk like, and pretty much each image you click on will have the article the picture came from. Add the word "closeup" to the search phrase for closeup images only.

Like Don said, answer back with the Answer This Question button right below your question, and attach photos using the left most yellow icon right above the Answer box that comes up after you click on Answer This Question.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy