Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/11/2012

LIve in the city flood control installed incorrectly. Sewage backed up now told that I need a new correctly install sytem.What do I do?

I cannot reach original installer. The second licensed plumber who made corrections will not answer my calls. This was a licensed plumber but after I still got water in basement REI plumbing stop answering my calls.
Please advise. These back-up flood controls are so costly.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


I'd say the first place to start is with your city's permitting offices. Find out if the work was required to be permitted and then if the plumbers pulled them if so. If required but not pulled the city may be inclined to intervene for you. Second, call the licensing agency for plumbers in your state and report the shoddy work. They may have other complaints and if investigated could lose their licenses. Third, call the BBB to file a complaint. Even if they are not a member there will be further documentation of their bad workmanship. And last, call your local news. They love doing stories on people who were wronged by contractors. Often the contractor is publicly shamed enough to refund the money or make it right. Do you have their license numbers? You should be able to look up their insurance information in their licensing records if required in your state. Then call their insurance and file claims. You may get reimbursed or get the repair done that way or at the very least have the insurance investigating them and possibly drop their coverage.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy