Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/18/2014

Looking for a piano mover in the Beverly Hills Calif. area

Looking to move a piano from Beverly Hills CA to Bel Aire CA

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Most of the major nationwide movers, and certainly in LA area, have a Special handling or Fragile Goods moving unit that specializes, with specially padded interiors and air shocks on the truck, for moving art, pianos, large glass items, computers, etc. Costs about double a normal comparable move.

You could also call local piano stores and see if they do it, or if they can recommend a mover, since they obviously have to get new/repaired pianos to their clients.

If coming from a narrow, windy portion of Beverly Hills or going to Bel Air and you are in one of the areas with narrow, steep, winding roads or a drive with steep hill or changes in grade, be sure they check it out FIRST before you become another poor soul with a jack-knifed or high-centered moving van or one that got in and cannot get turned around to get out again. You may think because you are only moving a piano it does not matter because the truck will be small, but the special load vans are generally very low to the ground to allow loading tall and heavy items or items that are too big (like a piano) to fit on a normal box truck lift gate, so they may use a full sized moving van even though you have only about 1/10th is capacity load.

Also - be sure to arrange beforehand for moving insurance - mayvbe from your homweowner's insurance carrier as a rider, maybe have to get elsewhere - because the standard insurance for movers is 60¢/lb, which works out to about $900 coverage for a 1500 lb Fazioli F308 Concert Grand piano worth about a quarter million at lis prices - of course, potentially much more if antique, so you may need antique/ auction coverage for it while being moved.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy