Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/4/2011

Loose Toilet

My toilet is loose and the floor beceath it needs to be replaced. What kind of service doI need to contact? A carpenter? Plumber?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Hi Elinor,

Any good flooring contractor will be able to repair your bathroom. I'm unsure if plumbers do the structural work you may need on the floor but I know most good flooring contractors do on a regular basis. Depending on the flooring you currently have there you may want to look for that specific contractor. If you have tile find a tile contractor, if you have vinyl find someone that does that, etc. Each specific flooring has different specifications for the subflooring beneath it. Tile needs a different subfloor than vinyl or carpet.

Hope that helps.

Answered 9 years ago by TileArt


IF you don't want to have to deal with flooring or tile contractor, carpenter, plumber and maybe mold remediation contractor individually, then get a general contractor experienced in floor rot issues.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy