Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/18/2011

Moisture between window panes

My large picture window has moisture between the panes. Is there a repair method for this problem rather than replacement? If so, do any of the listed window contractors do this type of repair work?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

4 Answers


I have known of a company that claims to be able to repair a double pane window with seal failure by drilling a hole and somehow cleaning the inside surface of the 2 panes and resealing the hole. In my experience, it was not a satisfactory fix and the best way is to replace the window.

Answered 9 years ago by Sun Control


What you want to do is look for a glass company that replaces Thermal Pane glass. They would come out and measure the window size and be able to tell you if the type of window you have can be taken apart to replace the glass. If possible, the will make the thermal pane glass to your window size and come out and install it. Good Luck

Answered 9 years ago by bmock


Moisture between the panes means the seal has failed. If you had any gas fill inbetween to aid in thermal efficency , that is now gone too. Best bet = replace the whole thing with a new sealed up unit and see if you have any gaurantees from the orig. installation. some mfgs. offer garauntees agaist seal failure and you may be entitled to a free replacement. see ours at

Answered 9 years ago by the new window man


the problem is seal failure and there is not a fix short of replaceing the igu. Sorry, insulated glass unit.

Answered 9 years ago by Guest_94657404

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy