Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/5/2017

Mt toilet flush but the water rise to the top. Im afraid that it going to over flow.What can i do so don't have to


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


First approach would normally be to use a plunger on it - I prefer the cup type rather than the bulb type - bulb type tend to pack any solids into a blockage tighter rather than loosen it up, tend to backsplash more, and can in rare cases rthe air bulb from it can even crack a toilet if blockage is pretty complete. The cup type you don't push down to clear the blockage - you gently lower into the standing water (needs to be at or below the underside of the rim to avoid overflowing during the process), press down slowly to compress the cup over the bowl outlet (works better if tilted a bit so air excapes from it), then while firmly held compressed down over outlet hole, firmly pull back - creating a suction which pulls the blockage materials back toward the bowl - which loosens the clog up rather than packing it in tighter. I have never had a blockage, other than wedged in foreign objects like toys or bottles, which did not free up in 3 pulls or less. This type oi plunger is what I am talking about (also usually cheapest option):

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy