Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/3/2020

My house is almost 3 years old and I just notice a vertical crack in my drywall below and above my window.

I’m wondering if this is due to being a new house and settling or if I have a serious problem. I live right outside New Orleans and my house is raised a few feet. I have wooden floors and my walls are drywall and I have crack running up from the bottom to a window and then it continues about the window. Do I need to contact a structured engineer and do you think this is serious? I have some pictures I can show if needed. My email is if you need to reach me for anymore information since it’s not asking for my email to post question.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy