Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/2/2018

My house has hardboard siding on three sides. The siding closest to the ground is rotting.

It's too close to the ground and picking up moisture. I am wondering what I should replace it with. And looking for a handyman to do it.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


its called wicking. wood on or very near the ground will soak up moisture causing rot. so repalce it with exactly the same materials, make sure its primed and water sealed on both sides and both cut ends , that should last for a while. Other materials that wont give you that problem would be , cement boards and or plastic types like composits and or vinyl, it might be difficult to find a composit or cement board thats matches exactly to what u r replacing but its worth time trying local lumber yards and or building supply wharehouses you may get lucky.


Answered 2 years ago by the new window man

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy