Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/16/2019

My house is not safe for me and my kids and this is my first house purchase what can i do and who can i get to help

I am a single mother who purchased a home in 2015. I had a foundation and termite inspection as a requirement before purchasing the home. I have homeowners insurance with State farm who also required due to zoning, that I purchase wind an hail insurance which I did with NCJUA. In September 2018 we had a severe hurricane which afterwards I saw no damage to my home except for a few missing shingles on the roof, but spring of 2019 I started seeing cracks in the ceilings and tiled floors which later were revealed to be caused by sinking floors. I filed a claim with my insurance, upon inspection NCJUA said the floor problems was due to unknown settling. But my homeowners insurance said that would deal with flood insurance which they do not cover. My mortgage company said I can not file property loss because flood insurance was not required in my zone. Now my home is sinking, flooring is not safe for continued dwelling who can I seek for advice on what to do. Please help

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy