Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/13/2017

Need a Mobile mechanic in Kirbyville, Missouri or Forsyth, Missouri

To replace the pndr12 indicator on steering column, replace odometer gear box and attached cable under dash and reinstall parts of dash. This a 97 Ford f150 pickup. Make sure brake lights work and reinstall spare tire. Most importantly, that it starts and runs!

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


It would be rare to have to replace the shifter indicator - normally the problem is just maladjustment of the linkage to the transmission, which a connection adjustment on the connecting rods and/or cables takes care of so the indicator matches what the transmission is actually doing.

Not sure what you mean by the odometer gearbox - in most (or maybe all) modern cars which do not use electronic odometer/speedometer, there is a rigid flexwrap-encased metal flexible rod that goes into a gear in the transmission (which if that goes bad the transmission usually has to be pulled and disassembled to fix it), and a cased flex cable that transmits the motion to the speedometer cluster - which has both the odometer and the speedometer built into it (along with a few mini light bulbs) and is basically not repairable - is replaced as a unit for about $100-250 for the unit.

Mobile mechanics are listed under the general Auto Repair category on Angies List - so you would have to google for mobile mechanics in your area, then cross-check on the list for well-rated and reviewed ones. Personally, for this sort of work I would go to an auto electric shop, not use a mobile mechanic.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy