Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/1/2014

Need to have the rotted wood around our 2nd story windows replaced (2 windows, 4 boards). Who can I hire to do it?

The wood around our double window and single window on the 2nd story of our has has started to rot and needs replaced. Three pieces of wood around the double window and one piece at the bottom of the smaller window. Any suggestions on who I can hire to do the work? Thanks!

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


A good window installation company

Answered 6 years ago by the new window man


IF this is the actual window frame (the part the window sits in/moves in, white in the below image) that is rotting, then as prior comment said, - window repair/installation company, and if extensive replacign the window will probably be cheaper than fixing.

If it is only the brickmold and sill - the outer trim - which normally looks like this -

(the almost-color matching vertical trim and horizontal sill adjacent to the siding in the picture), then a Handyman, Window Installer, and some Finish Carpenters do this.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy