Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/31/2017

Plumbers near 11764 who accept the Wells Fargo home projects card

Broken water pipe in wall

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Here is a recent answer to that question FYI:

Though normally the special terms of the home project card (when not used as a normal credit card) are not invoked for that size job - most vendors require a project of a thousand $ or more before they will offer those terms, whereas you are probably (depending on locale) looking at $100-500 range, not counting subequent (not plumber) wall repair and painting (and any needed mold removal and structural repair if moldy/rotten due to the leak being long-term).

BTW - if this gets to looking like a big enough job that an insurance claim might be in order (signfriicantly more than your deductible) read your policy BEFORE filing a claim, because with most companies a claim filed can raise your premiums or cause them to cancel your policy unless you replace ALL your piping (if quite old). Plus, most policies do not cover long-term damage - only "instantaneous" flooding damage from a broken pipe - long-term decay due to a leak is almost never covered.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy