Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/30/2013

Replace wood around window on exterior of house

Current wood has dry rot

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


To replace window trim and brickmold you could use a window installation firm, a handyman (usually not insured, which is not a great idea as some is probably ladder work), or a finish carpenter. The first and last might or might not be interested in painting it too, depending on the individual.

Because of the importance of getting the watertightness right, if I were to hire it out to be done I would go with a window installation expert, because if you get rough you can break the window, and if the rot penetrates into the window frame then you have the right contractor to repair that or replace the entire window.

Just be cautious they do not oversell you on the need for new windows.

Search the List (in green banner bar) for the type of contractor you want.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy