Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/13/2011

Replacing pipes that run from the street

I just moved into a home with low water pressure. The inspector told me that the pipes coming into the house from the street (about 40 ft.) are probably original and too narrow. How expensive is it to replace those pipes?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


You might try calling your local water utility and find out what is the water main pressure at the street and to see if your main shut off at the street is fully open they should come out for free and as for the water main itself ,if is made of galvanized or brass it may be clogged but if its copper don't touch it! Or have a plumber come from Angies list and investigate if a reducing valve, gate valves at meter, well they can tell you better yet show you!good luck

Answered 8 years ago by owen klaus

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy