Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/22/2014

Req info on firms to connect my home to the sanitary sewer in Indianapolis,IN-permit,excavate, fill-in septic,etc.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Probably two different contractors unless you get a General Contractor to manage both - usually you need a civil engineer to develop the abandonment or tear-out (as required in your area) of the septic tank and leach field and piping - which of course you want done AFTER the new sewer connection is in.

The septic/leach field abandonment/removal, if required, is done by a Septic contractor. New pipe installation and hookup by a Plumber, though if Septic contractor is goingto be on-site digging up the leach field the contractor might be able to cut a deal for him to do the water pipe trenching and backfill up front first.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy