Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/29/2012


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

4 Answers


If what you're asking is how to find a top-rated professional who can repair a slab or foundation, you've come to the right place. Angie's List focuses on providing members with local consumer reviews on all kinds of home and health service providers. "Arial","sans-serif";color:black;background:white">In fact, if you decide to
join Angie's List, you can use the promo code ANSWERS to get 20% off an annual

Answered 7 years ago by Member Services


Can you explain and describe a bit more what the problem is - use the Answer This Question button right below your question to reply. Likely you need some sort of concrete or general contractor, but can't tell without a better description of your issue/

Answered 6 years ago by LCD


foundation cracked along exterior wall causing damage to door. live in slab townhouse.

Answered 5 years ago by Guest_9441979


Wow - when this popped up 3 months ago and I answered it, it was showing as a current question - I did not realize it was 2 years old. Evidently this is not a critical situation, if still on-going after 2 years - or did you get it fixed ?

If this is a relatively straight break across the slab and more of a hairline than an open gap crack, then probably just settlement of improperly compacted fill under the slab, and not generally worth fixing (other than surficial patching of the crack with patching grout) as long as it is not causing structural problems or mahjor wall cracking. The door issue could probably be solved by just resetting the door - taking it out, and reinstalling in the frame with new shims to fit the new shape of the rough opening - about $100-150 job by an experienced handyman, carpenter, or door installer.

If really opening up (more than 1/8-1/4" open gap say) or causing creaking and tearing sounds on house, or wide open cracks (as opposed to hairline) in walls, or starting to get noticeable slope on floor, then get a structural engineer to look at it to be sure you do not have a major issue going on.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy