Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/19/2013

Seeking a Christian counselor for help with my teen daughter's self-harm and body-image issues ASAP in the Kings County area in California. Thanks.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Search for reviews in Angie's List (Search Now button at left, Health category, psychologist, psychiatrist, pediatrics and counselor subcategories)

I would look to getting referrals from the following:

1) your primary care physician

2) school nurse / psychologist

3) your pastor / priest, particularly if you want a practioner in a certain religion

4) county health department

5) psychological treatment department at your local hospital

6) friends, if you know of any who have gone through the same issue (though being creful about confidentiality issues, so it does not get back to child's friends)

If you are talking self-harm as in cutting or burning or such, you need a professional adolescent psychologist or psychiatrist, not a counselor.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy