Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/3/2011

Should I call a handyman or a contractor?

we're afraid that the wall behind the tub in the master bath (where there is a frosted glass window) needs some work: there seems to be a plant growing inside the wall. What needs to be done (I think) is to 1) move out the tub 2) check the wall for damage 3) kill off the plant 4) repair the wall and optionally 5) replace the frosted glass window. One handyman we had out for something else seemed to think that there may be some kind of wall damage, possibly water damage. The problem is that we're not sure into what category this kind of work falls.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I'm thinking maybe you need a contractor who can take care of all of it, including the plumbing. What kind of plant???? Is something growing outside underneath that window or do you have a tree with vicious roots in the vicinity? Obviously, it's water seeking so you probably need to get rid of whatever it is. Maybe Old Grouch will weigh in because he always has good ideas.

Answered 9 years ago by michelemabelle


Thanks; now I just need to find "Contractors" on The List.

The plant is called a trumpet or hummingbird vine -- we cut it down where it was growing.

Answered 9 years ago by Walt

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy