Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/29/2011

Suggestion on contractor to level and repair foundation of brick home

House is built on concreate slab. Slab is broken in half inside. Doors are sticken and front entrance door will not open at all. Need a name of a trusted foundation repair contractor. Location in East Texas.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


You have spec house looks to me . Builder not compacted ground before he poor the slab. It's happen sometime when buider more worry about how to sell faster and pay construction loan then pay attantion to the quality. You need cut on level area pompacted with send or gravel use faber reinforce concrete or WWM (wire mesh) and poor concrete 3500 PSI

Answered 8 years ago by Serge Construction


From your location, sounds like this could be a foundation subgrade failure as mentioned in the other comment, or possibly expansive/swelling soil problem.

To determine the cause and come up with a remediation plan, you should get a civil/structural engineer experienced with residential foundation problems to look at it and come up with a letter report and a remediation plan and specs. He can also help locate suitable contractor for this, which will almost certainly be a general contractor with a foundation specialist sub, or a foundation specialist only, depending on cause and damage to the rest of the house.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy