Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/31/2015

Trying to remove our older dishwasher, but the previous homeowner installed their hardwood floor in front of it

so we're unable to install the new dishwasher. Can a regular handyman perform this job or would i need a flooring expert?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!

Voted Best Answer

You may need an appliance repair company,they run into this,just to make repairs.

There are likely leveling legs on the front of the DW,theses can be adjusted to allow it to be be removed. Then the same to install a newone, rasing the legs after the new one is in the "hole" behind the hardwood floor.

I would be surprised if it can not be removed,without taking up the floor.

The ole appliance guy, from a past work life.


Answered 4 years ago by BayAreaAC


Here are some prior similar questions with responses - I would use a flooring expert if you do have end up having to remove the flooring in front of it. Sure a handyman might do it fine IF he has experience with that type flooring - but unless you have a good go-to handyman already, you are otherwise taking your chances sight unseen on his ability to do this cleanly.

Another possibility - aside from cutting the frame (if old one is the problem) or totally removing the feet and using shims as needed after it is in (for the new one), is if you have wood or composite countertops with an overhanging lip which extends below the bottom of the countertop proper, is cutting the overhang (drip edge) off in a perfect straight line, then remounting it afterwards with just a small bit of caulk at the front edge of the piece (for waterproofing) and screws to make it removeable in the future to remove the new one.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy