Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/4/2020

Unsure which type of professional to call about a roof-related issue...advice?

I had a new roof installed 4 years ago at the time I purchased my home. It was done as a condition of having a homeowner's insurance policy issued, as the company refused to issue one as long as the roof was not replaced. Prior to having that done, I had an issue where water seemed to be leaking in from the exhaust pipe attached to the furnace, which is located in the basement. Anytime it rains I can see water dripping from the vent pipe. Having the roof replaced did not fix the problem. I had the roof done by Home Depot and whatever local contractor they used. I had them come back about a month afterward, but they couldn't find anything. Who do I call at this point? A roofer? An HVAC professional? I want to make sure I get the right type of professional for the job. Its a fairly significant leak that needs fixed ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy