Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/22/2018

Water seeping in through add-on room. Not sure who to call.


I moved into my house about 2 years ago, and just recently noticed that when it rains heavily, I have a spot on the carpet in my add-on room that gets wet. I have checked the ceiling and the walls, and they seem dry. I'm having a plumber come out soon to verify that it is not a leaking pipe, which I doubt it is considering I only notice the spot when it has rained. I'm assuming that the next step after the plumber would be to pull back the carpet and check for a crack where water might be seeping in. This is the part where I get a bit lost, who would be the person to call? A concrete company of some kind? I should clarify, this is an add-on room, so there is no basement under it. Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy