Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/8/2011

We paid $15,000 to a large foundation company to put piers under home. Its cracking again 4 months later & they wont honor their warranty .

Our walls started cracking so we had a foundation repair company give us an estimate. They told us we needed 20 + piers placed under our home to level the house. They gave us a written life-time warranty that if the home started moving again, they would come out and make repairs. My home started cracking again, 4 months after they did the work. Ive spent the last 3 months trying to get them to come back and make repairs. What is my best option to get them to follow thru ? Type here...

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Are you an Angie's List member? If so, submit a report on your experience. Negative reports prompt us to ask you if you'd like to initiate the Complaint Resolution process, and if you do, we'll step in to help mediate your dispute. Give us a call at 1-888-944-LIST (5478) with any questions and we'll be happy to help.

Answered 8 years ago by Cas


Realize this is a late response - did not see this one before. If still an issue, because they issued a warranty, technically the contract is still in effect - so you can file a claim with their Bonding company to have ti made right.

Formal complaints to the state licensing bureau and the state and/or local business licensing entities can also get their attention becauser they risk losing their licenses, though of course that would not be first option because it will ticks them off rather than result in direct action.

It is likely you will need an atttorney to get a viable response on this - who can also advise you on the merits of your case (possibly with an inspection report from a structural engineer) and whether a bond claim, small claims court, or lawsuit (likely not for this size case) is your best bet.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy