Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 mygfcxx1 95
6 ahowell 95
7 KnowledgeBase 95
8 skbloom 80
9 Guest_98024861 70
10 Guest_9311297 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/3/2014

We just started hearing a high pitched whine when we use water. What plumber is good for fixing this?

We live in west Omaha NE and we have very high water pressure.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


If it is just one faucet it may be something as simple as a clogged or damaged screen. The faucet end should screw off and may just need a cleaning or the screen replaced.

If it i syoru whole house and you suspect the very high water pressure then that part depends if you are on city water or a well. If it is city water have you tried shutting the main pipe valve coming into your house a little? That would decrease the water quantity going through your pipes. If you have extra high pressure (and city water) then check with your neighbors and see if they have similar problems, otherwise a call to the city could get them to check the pressure to your home. All of these are easy checks and would be free.

Answered 5 years ago by Guest_9650623

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy