Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/4/2017

What can I expect to pay to have a front porch step (cement) stabilized?

We are selling the house to a buyer that is going for an FHA loan and they requested that the wobbly step be fixed.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Voted Best Answer

Depends of course on the cause of the instability, and whether this is a grouted-in or metal bracket attached step - but generally minimum service call charge of about $50-125 by a Handyman will take care of it - plus $5-25 materials. With a grouted-in step might use an epoxy adhesive or grout to repair it depending on whether totally loose or not. if a metal bracket may just need adjusting or a new bolt - or may need a new mounting bracket or bolt(s) drilled into the concrete or brick to secure it.

Do NOT allow just a shim - if their home inspector is making a second pass to confirm the repair were done correctly, that will not fly. If shimming is what it needs, then normally drypacked epoxy grout would be used.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy