Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/9/2015

What is a ballpark cost for a plot plan for a fenced 1/3 acre plot in Norfolk County, Mass

land has house, garage and shed on property.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Depends on what you want to do with it - if for personal use, surveying and a sketch (like that developed for a house sale title insurance application) typically runs a couple hundred $ plus or minus about $50 by a Land Surveyor, assuming they can relocate your property corners - a hundred or two more typically if they have to replace the corner markers, assuming you are in a developed, subdivided (as opposed to remote rural) area. Rural areas cost can go up by a few hundred to thousands depending on distance to control points they can "recover" (find intact) if you are looking for legal marking of corners - basically no added cost if your are happy with approximate locations (within a couple of inches) so they can use GPS location.

If you mean a "plot plan" as required for zoning change applications, then including plat filing fees typically in the $500 range for a single piece of land - NOT including any regulatory meeting or public notice requirements or costs.

Can be a few hundred $ more typically if your property includes any nature preserve, wetlands, floodplain, etc and their limit is readily and clearly defined - can be hundreds to thousands more if basically flat lowlands where a Corps of Engineers assessment is needed to establish the limits of floodplain or wetlands, if your area requires that on the plot (almost always do).

This also does NOT include any development plans or permitting - above is just for recording the current condition, NOT subdividing plans.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy