Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/16/2013

What is a good roofing sealant for metal roof

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


If you are looking to seal the entire area I would direct you to a mastic company website such as Henrys or similar manufacturers. If you just need a spot or two repaired, any caulking applied from a tube or ratcheting caulking gun will do the job. A solvent or polyurethane type caulk will not require a long drying time as the" water cleanup" type caulks require. If you must repair the area during wet weather use a "wet patch" type product.

Answered 6 years ago by carpentermike


If your question is about sealing metal to metal overlap of a roof i would recommend henry's 212 metal sealant. bonds quickly and holds well whether it is very hot or cold weather. it comes in a tube and fits a caulking gun. i know home depot carries it in many of their stores. Not a cheap product but the best I have ever used.

Answered 6 years ago by handyman

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy