Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/9/2013

What kind of contractor do I get to help with flooding and low yard?

low spots in yard , flooding in basement

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Hello, this is Kiel with Angie's List. You'll want to log in at and search for the category Basement Waterproofing to see our top rated providers in that area. You can also contact our call center at 1-888-944-5478 or send a written request to for more information.

Call center hours:

Mon-Fri: 8:30am – 8:15pm ET
Sat: 8:30am – 3:00pm ET

Thanks so much!

Answered 6 years ago by KielH


IF you are pretty sure the problem is surface water getting to the walls, then instead of a basement waterproofing contractor you need a general Excavation Contractor if significant earthwork will be needed, or a landscaping contractor if just a bit of ditching and banking and maybe a swale or two, with revegetation afterward.

If you plan to revegetate yourself, then a one-man excavation company with a dozer or backhoe (as applicable to your terrain and needs) is what you need. Be sure to do some planning first (and you may need planning and zoning commission or building department permits) to be sure you do not concrentrate runoff so it adversely impacts neighbors.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy