Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/8/2014

What kind of contractor installs back flow devises on irrigation systems?

I need to install a back flow devise on my sprinkler. Who installs these? My sprinkler company does not.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


The sprinkler installer should have put one in (in the incoming water pipe, right before the controller) when the control box was installed. Check your manual - some controllers have a built-in one.

Now, if your sprinkler guy will not do it, then a plumber - parts cost about $50, install cost about $75-150 (minimum service charge usually) depending on your area's costs. If your local code allows it and your system uses hose or threaded PVC with slack to run from the controller to each zone, there are about $10 backflow preventers designed to just thread in between garden hoses used for trickle or drip irrigation and the faucet - so just screw into place with hose thread fittings - would use one on each zone feed hose and could do yourself IF you have hose threaded fittings, AND local code allows that type of preventer.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy