Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/5/2015

What kind of contractor can rebuild a porch

It is a wooden porch on a 1913 home. The new porch also needs to be leveled (by shims) against the concrete support blocks. I cannot seem to find anyone to do this job.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

Hi Dan & Pat,

This is Sarah B. in Member Care. Thanks for posting!

I was able to find several rated providers to help with your project. For your current need though, our Concierge specialists would also be able to do all of the dialing for you, match you up with a well-rated company and arrange to have them call you to figure out the logistics. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please fill out the form in the link below. A Concierge specialist will then be in touch within one business day to match you with a top rated provider.

If you would like to reach out to these providers yourself, please let me know. I’d be happy to send these to you. No matter which option you choose, I hope you’ll take the time to fill out a review when the work is done.

If you would like information on additional providers through this forum, please let us know. You can respond to this thread or submit a new Answers post. You can also reach us at We're happy to help, Dan & Pat!

Answered 4 years ago by Member Services


Okay - I have no idea how that comment got attached to this question - obviously the wrong one. I have FLAGGED this for AL to remove that drywall response.

Obviously you need a Deck and Porch contractor, who can do both the new deck and the shimming. In many areas you will need a deck design by a structural/civil engineer to be able to get a building permit, so check on that first - most building departments have an online fact sheet on deck design and construction requirements for your area.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy