Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/15/2012

What kind of doctor treats arthritis?

There must be some kind of health professional who can help mangage and cope with arthritis pain in ways other than pain medication and/or replacement surgery..

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Possibly a Naturopath is what you are seeking. They cover the gamut of illnesses. Rheumatologists are also getting more open to people who wish to use more natureal remedies, if you ask around and find one recently trained. Good luck!

Answered 8 years ago by retiredRN


It depends on what type of arthritis it is. Rheumatoidarthritis is treated by a Rheumatologist, they also treat conditions likeosteoporosis and many others. This type of arthritis is an auto immune condition and is treated with medications, you need a disease modifying drug to save your joints. If it is osteoarthritis commonly an Orthopedicdoctor, there are also specialists within that field. This is a type of wear and tear on the bones. Orthopedic doctors areoften also surgeons. A physiatrist is another type of specialist to consultwith for osteoarthritis, as they will try to help control the condition withexercise and muscle strengthening and for them refer to a surgeon is the laststep. Best of luck to you finding the right care.


Answered 8 years ago by PMcCauley

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy