Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/30/2015

What kind of professional do I need to open up a drywalled over dryer vent and assure it is tied in?

The washer/dryer closet in the house I purchased does not have an internal dryer vent (although one can see the vent on the outside of the house). It appears that the vent has been drywalled over and that the opening should be in the ceiling of the washer/dryer closet. I would like to have this opened up and made sure that it is correctly tied in to the existing ductwork/vent to outside.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


A Handyman might well be able to do this fine, if you have one you know and trust to do a conscientious job. Otherwise, rather than get a handyman who might or might not do it right, the correct professional to do whatever is needed to open it up andto check the ducting is correctly connected would be an HVAC contractor - Heating and A/C is the Search the List category.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy