Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/16/2017

What material can I use to fill the cracks between some bricks on my home?

Home was built in 1999

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


IF the joints are deteriorating - crumbling, then they should be "repointed" - gouge/cut out and the mortar replaced - Masonry is the Search the List category for this.

And of course if you re getting significant amount of cracking, the cracks are more than nhairline (bigger than smallest paper clip wire diameter) or there is any zig-zag cracking or any cracking through bricks, then your wall is moving more than it should and needs a professional look to see what is going on.

For the occasional shrinkage or minor settlement crack, Sika, Dap, Sashco, Quikcrete and M-D as I recall all make mortar repair material in caulk gun tubes - like this, typically around $5-8/tube at home improvement stores, some box stores, lumberyards, Ace hardware, etc -

For best appearance cut tip quite small and put on a narrow bead injected into the crack, then use damp fingertip to smooth it out to blend into the joint.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy