Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/21/2017

What are the signs a water pressure reducing valve needs replacing?

Mine is dripping water from the bolt that extends from the side. I tried tightening it but no luck.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


If you mean the pressure adjusting bolt,it should not be sideways - should be facing upwards, which might have contributed to the leak because most regulators have a relief port where tiny amounts of water is released during pressure changes - mount diseways or upside down and I can see corrosion occurring because of that seepage.

While that leak is not likely to rapidly increase in flow rate, generally seals in pressure regulators are not readily repaired - for the normal $100- cost of a regulator (unless your area requires the expensive - $200-300 - double stage regulators) plus around $100-150 typically for a plumber if you cannot DIY, I would just replace it.

Here is another link on the cost of replacing a regulator FYI:

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy