Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/10/2012

What do you do when you find out one of your listed contractors has civil judgments for taking money and not doing the work.

This contractor is showing a course of conduct of taking money and not doing the work. The judgments show this individual took money from an elderly woman and never paid the sub. He also was fired from job and kept money. However, he has simply changed name of his business after he gets sued. What do you do about this, knowing he is a con artist? Do you let a contractor who has been sued like this continue to list and get more victims?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I'd call or email the list with this information and specifics: name of contractor, where to find the reports and they will check up on it.

Answered 8 years ago by keikosmom


Angie's List ALWAYS wants to ensure we help our members avoid con artists, scams and ne'er-do-wells. If you have information on a business or individual who's up to no good, please let us know. We have an annual Best & Worst issue of the Angie's List Magazine where we do our best to warn our members of particularly shady individuals--but also praise the good folks so our members can find them easily.

Answered 8 years ago by Cas

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy